Blogs on Writing
Member Mark Paxson recommends this site: writerssupportingwriters.com.
Courses on Writing
The Teaching Company, also known as The Great Courses, sells several courses for writers as well as on subjects in science, history, cooking, and politics that might be useful for research. The courses are expensive, but if you wait a while, the course you want will probably be deeply discounted. If you want to really use this resource, you can supply to an offshoot called Wondrium that, for less than $20 a month, will give you online access to all the Teaching Company courses.
- Writing Your Story – writing personal true stories
- Writing Creative Nonfiction – entire process of writing creative nonfiction
- Writing Great Fiction: Storytelling Tips and Techniques
- Effective Editing: How to Take Your Writing to the Next Level
- How to Write Best-Selling Fiction
- Analysis and Critique: How to Engage and Write about Anything
- Written Communications: Being Heard and Understood
- Becoming a Great Essayist
- Screenwriting 101: Mastering the Art of Story
- *Building Great Sentences: Exploring the Writer’s Craft
- How to Publish Your Book
- Building a Better Vocabulary
- Discovering Your Roots: An Introduction to Genealogy – not really about writing, but perhaps of interest to several of our members
- Myths, Lies, and Half-Truths of Language Usage – why we use language the way we do
- Great American Short Stories: A Guide for Writers and Readers
- How to Create Comics
- *The Secrets of Great Mystery and Suspense Fiction
- The Art of Storytelling: From Parents to Professionals
- The Art of Video Storytelling
* Indicates a DVD course in our library
Facebook Pages For Writers
Brian Paone, a speaker at our first conference, founded FictionWriting. People who join the group can post information and ask questions.
ElectricBookshelf is used by authors to post announcements about their books.